Systems Assurance Senior Associate Director
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs are committed to offering a career within one company and recognise the exceptional talent we have in our people. As Jacobs evolves, we want to inspire and empower you to deliver your best work, so you too can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Join our Systems Assurance & Reliability (SA&R) team and work on a wide range of projects both across the UK and internationally.
Systems Assurance and Reliability is a key area within our Strategic Consulting business. Our team is a highly motivated group responsible for providing an extensive range of services across multiple industry sectors, assisting our clients with the delivery of their products, projects and programmes - safely, effectively and efficiently.
Our teams are distributed nationally, supporting our clients globally. We are a progressive and flexible team and offer the opportunity to work from home, business needs permitting.
About the opportunity
This is a leadership role to manage, develop and grow the capabilities and service offering to deliver greater outcomes for our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a diverse and highly motivated team. The System Assurance team provides technical system safety, reliability, dependability and risk management services to highly regulated industries. Providing strategic and tactical support to some of the world’s most challenging projects and programmes across many industries including rail, air, water, defence, nuclear and processing.
- Leadership - Create a positive and collaborative vision for the future of the Systems Assurance team, ensure best practice and promote innovation.
- Capability strengthening - Increase Jacobs service offering by identifying and improving in-house capability, provide advice, coaching and support to teams deploying safety, reliability, resilience or systems engineering services.
- Growth & sales mindset - Increasing our win rate by directing sales effort - leading scope, pricing, costs and execution strategies and harnessing teams within Jacobs. Drive solutions for higher margin growth.
- Enhancing our brand - Develop the Jacobs brand to positively shift how Jacobs is viewed in the marketplace.
- A degree in a relevant subject area.
- Extensive experience of Team and/or Workstream Management.
- Significant experience in Bid Management and/or Business Development.
- Logistical flexibility, as travel will be required to project and client offices with occasional overnight stays or longer-term secondments. This may include opportunities for working overseas.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (ICE, IET, IMechE, INCOSE, SaRS, IAM etc.).
- Safety engineering, including significant experience of through-life safety case management, HAZOPs, QRAs, hazard management, etc.
- RAM/ARM/R&M engineering, including significant experience of development of dependability cases, RBDs, FMECAs, FRACAS, etc.
- Relevant professional accreditation (CEng.).
- Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, including the application of FMECA and CBM to improve maintenance performance with demonstrable examples of improvements from reactive to preventive maintenance regimes
- Additional capability in systems engineering, resilience engineering, human factors and/or asset management or another technical skill-base (desirable but not essential).
- An aptitude for innovation and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Enthusiasm for working in a diverse team.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.