Tax Specialist: Operational Excellence
-Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people's dreams.
We are at the forefront of change in our industry; innovating with purpose – pushing boundaries to create new opportunities and demonstrate our values. As the custodians of precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we rely on our high-performing teams to combine integrity, creativity and smart innovation with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
-The Tax Specialist will manage the delivery of regional tax compliance, tax reporting requirements and specific projects in relation to the UK & European portfolio (which includes corporate, marketing, trading operations, exploration & assets under development). Adding value to the organisation through effective risk management, efficient processes, tax authority engagement and transparency
- Management of assigned portfolio of Business Units’ and Group's internal tax reporting requirements, including monthly cash forecasting, ETR forecasting, budgeting, interim and year-end processes. Assist in the engagement with local auditors on tax accounting calculations and tax reporting positions.
- Management of the regional direct tax compliance obligations of the assigned portfolio, with assistance across all other taxes (VAT, Payroll taxes etc). This also includes direct engagement with the group’s chosen compliance outsource provider (where relevant).
- Assist with tax advisory projects in relation to assigned portfolio including those related to assets under construction and existing operations within Europe.
- Assist with the management of UK & Europe tax authorities, including coordinating responses to significant tax audits.
- Working with the local tax Business Partners, contribute towards maintenance and enhancement of relationships with tax authority personnel in the region, particularly with a view to the HMRC assurance process.
- Management of the region’s tax risks including specifically the maintenance of the Tax Control Framework (“TCF”) in the region & SAO compliance.
- Assist with the implementation of tax automation opportunities locally as well as supporting globally run tax technology projects that impact the UK & Europe region
-University degree preferred
- ACA or other professional qualification
- A good working knowledge of UK tax principles, transfer pricing, CIT, indirect tax processes, etc.
- Experience of tax accounting, tax audits, deferred tax and tax reporting
- 2-6 years post qualification experience
- How to influence people and manage change
- Efficient work practices
- Ability to undertake presentations to Senior Management
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
- Subsidised breakfast & lunch, coffee & office snacks
- Generous pension plans
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process
Advert closing date: 28th May 2021