Team Leader - Supported Housing Mental Health
SLS (Supported Living Services Ltd) provides housing related support for a wide range of adults with complex mental health and learning difficulties. Our service users live within supported accommodation in the community and our dedicated staff team is focused on assisting them to increase their independence, support their recovery and maintain their independence. We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and experienced Candidate to lead the team to deliver outstanding levels of client-care and support.
Our primary aim is to deliver a recovery focused support service that enables our service users to integrate further into the local community, support individuals on their recovery journeys so that the lead better and more fulfilled lives while living within our services.
We provide the highest quality care and support possible in the community for people with mild/moderate learning disabilities and complex mental health problems. Our success is based on the ability to work creatively to find solutions to any challenges that arise.
The successful Candidate will have previous experience in mental health and learning disabilities, has a proven track record of effective leadership skills, clinical expertise and knowledge of person centred care with a passion for working with clients’, creatively finding solutions to challenges that arise.
- To ensure that the brand “Supported Living Services Ltd” is communicated in a positive manner all the time
- To ensure that any marketing materials and communications sent on behalf of Supported Living Services Ltd meets company standards. E.g. documents are proofread for grammatical errors and meets UK standards when sending emails and formal letters
- To be responsible for the security, control, maintenance and economic use of the company’s money, assets and stocks.
- To communicate and present professionally and effectively, accurate and relevant information and statistics, to ensure the achievement of agreed targets.
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of the service
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- To ensure that any intellectual property of Supported Living Services Ltd is protected and secure at all times.
- To ensure that all residents have an equal opportunity to enjoy a friendly, homely and stimulating atmosphere within the home, thereby encouraging them to lead as full a life as possible.
- To contribute to the formulation and implementation of individual plans of care for individual.
- Ensure that all care records, staff training and health and safety records are up to date.
- To act as a key worker to individual residents, in close collaboration with members of staff, establishing programmes of care on an individual basis, to enable each resident to maximise their personal and social capabilities.
- To ensure records of daily care notes are recorded in the resident's' records on a daily basis.
- To build an effective and therapeutic relationship with the residents and their families, especially where acting as key worker observing discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- To develop personal skills relative to the needs of the residents including skills in communication, observation and active listening.
- To attend the staff handover meeting and to act upon discussion and information generated at these meetings.
- Assist and accompany service users to activities meetings, appointments, training centre, etc…
- Where applicable, to assist in the safe keeping, storage, administration and handling of drugs in accordance with current legislation.
- To respect cultural and spiritual needs of the residents by assisting in the provisions of facilities for the spiritual observances.
- To attend/assist with arranging and supporting social activities with residents, e.g. outings and other stimulating activities.
- To participate in all aspects of domestic and administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the service as outlined by the company
- To be aware of security measures. I.e. not to admit anyone to the home who is not known or expected at the establishment.
- To check and maintain security of the building.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the scheme
- Offer support and supervision to junior members of staff
- To monitor and support junior staff performance
- Offer in-house training to junior staff
- Organise statutory staff meeting and resident meetings
- To manage finance and budgets of the home
- Assessing clients for the stability of the home.
- To work both individually and as a member of a multicultural disciplinary team
- To attend staff meetings and meetings outside the home if required by the needs of the establishments.
- To undergo appropriate training.
- To be available for supervision as required.
- To work effectively with volunteers and any other members of staff.
- Comply with relevant legislations e.g. CQC, Health & Safety, GDPR etc…
- To co-operate with the implementation of the Equality & Diversity Policy of the company
- Caring and Compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own. Strong commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Commitment to respecting the rights of customers at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence throughout their lives
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
- Excellent timekeeper and reliable
- Professional and smart appearance
- Have no criminal records or involved in any drugs or terrorism activities.
Experience | Knowledge
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Understanding of systems to maintain confidentiality in relation to customers, staff and the business
- Understanding of QAF and CQC Regulations
- Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures
- Excellent communication skills. Experience of building positive working relationships with people who use services and their families, staff and other health and social care professionals
- UK Health & Safety and employment laws
- NVQ Level 3 or above is essential
- Excellent reading and writing skills - English (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills - English (Essential)
- Ability to maintain clear written electronic records and follow statutory reporting procedures
- Experience of financial management (Essential)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or above (Required)