Become part of the team
Please note: We're all currently working remotely due to Covid-19. We hope to be back in the office later this year.
Join our brand new Consulting Business Support team. To align with our new ways of working, we have adapted how Business Support is provided globally. Business Support now sits in a global team, Consulting Business Support. This is a service that is provided centrally and ensures a sense of purpose and a collaborative, supportive team.
You will provide first class secretarial support to three Partners within a large, fast paced and growing team. First point of contact for a wide range of service personnel, providing support through a number of key activities listed below.
Working as part of a busy, business support team the role requires someone friendly, approachable and confident who has great communication skills, preferably used to supporting a large team. Experienced at building positive working relationships, you will work closely with our Partners, Consultants and external clients, the post is both secretarial and administrative.
- Diary Management - Organisation of complex diary and international travel arrangements across multiple time zones and complying with visa requirements. Liaising with both internal and external clients, including senior stakeholders across PA.
- Inbox Management - Reviewing incoming e-mails/phone calls and dealing with these appropriately, gate keeping when needed.
- Time Management – Manage and prioritise workload, acting on your initiative to complete tasks.
- Submission of expenses - ensuring these are submitted promptly complying with company policy.
- Ad hoc support to the wider consultant team - booking rooms and visitors, catering and travel booking support.
- Support to client facing propositions and initiatives lead by the partners you will support such as arranging internal team meetings, promoting external client events, preparing documents, action taking/tracking and printing/binding documents.
- General administrative tasks and support to practice-wide tasks such as post, ordering gifts, stationary, business cards and updating organisation charts.
- Service administration tasks such as updating and maintaining our sales and contact database xRM, raising and receipting purchasing orders, formatting documents and proof-reading proposals and providing additional administration support where required.
- Initiate new suppliers and sub-contractors process, liaising with security and legal functions to ensure these are set up and clearances are met.
- Assist in organising all staff meetings and social events, both logistics and agenda.
- Responding to queries, chasing deadlines and ensuring internal budgets and policies are adhered to.
What we're looking for
- A good level of secretarial and administrative experience, preferably in a large organisation
- Broad knowledge of complex diary management
- Relationship builder, friendly and personable with a positive outlook
- Computer literate with excellent MS Office skills especially Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Smartly presented and confident with a professional manner
- Proactive, with a commitment to quality, accuracy and close attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with peers and senior management
- Proven planning and organisation skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change, able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Calm when working under pressure
- Excellent team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work
- 25 days holiday
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]