Technical Support Manager
Group Technical Support Manager - Director – WFH with some UK travel
Great opportunity for a passionate, energetic, enthusiastic upstream individual, perhaps wanting a step up with the ability to make their mark to work for an expanding Group of IT companies continually making new acquisitions with aspirations to be on the Top 100 IT Services list globally. We are a fast growing, entrepreneurial start up with 5 entities already.
The business is in the process of a fundraising to facilitate the acquisitions and hence the successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment. That means that the successful incumbent will need to build people / processes / technology to deliver the aims of the business and will need to build these things since we are not a static or mature business but a fast growing, entrepreneurial start up. This role would suit a dynamic and high performing individual who is going upstream in their career journey and who has got religion about technical support.
Role and Responsibilities
In total, the technology brand has not been affected by the global pandemic - in fact we've grown considerably in the last 12 months. This role has arisen due to our previous Group Technical Support Director being promoted to the MD of our SMB business. Reporting directly into the MD, you will own the technical support roadmap, recognise innovation, know what ‘Good’ looks like, identify process improvements and oversee headcount growth.
It is all about delivering great technology, people management and being able to measure against the required standards. Execution and delivery around performance driven management is vital in order to ensure SLAs are hit, projects are delivered against time, budget and quality. Projects must be executed flawlessly, delivering a positive “Wow” feeling.
The role is probably more ‘management’ than ‘technology’ as even though you will inherit a great team you will also need to ensure we have the right staff in the right places at the right time with the right skills. You will need to build out these teams where necessary and guide and mentor your people and be proud of your team
- Leads all client support to provide flawless service and to ensure a reputation of excellence and flawless execution.
- Ensuring cross-sell of the product catalogue to increase the metrics of “Customer Lifetime Value”, “Average Transaction Size” and the “Number of Transactions” across our customer portfolio.
- Working with the other members of the leadership team to ensure the solutions and products sold are supportable by the organization to our high level, and that the way we present ourselves as a company is always considered by prospects and customers as premium.
- Supports leadership and management to identify areas for improvement in SLA response and close rates, highlight repeat issues.
- With the amalgamation of TekNet Solutions Ltd and Electro-Comm Digital we have more vendors / products to cross sell within the group.
- Be an expert at cultivating relationships with decision makers in client organisations (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technical Officer, Chief Financial Officer and other C-level executives, as well as Head teachers and Governors of schools, and founders/owner managers of SMB customers).
- Communicates and negotiates with clients, stakeholder and customer representatives at the most senior level on both technical and contractual issues.
- Positions and influences all aspects of Flywheel – internally and externally – as a premium IT service provider, with niche experts delivering rock-solid services.
- Motivating and engaging the hearts and minds of people internally to shine this to our customers in an authentic way.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be passionate, energetic and enthusiastic with religion around project delivery and support with a desire and ability to make their mark and leave a legacy. This role would suit a dynamic and high performing individual who is going upstream in their career journey
- Impressive track record of working in in high-growth technology companies in a similar role and must come from an MSP background
- Experience in working with organisations supporting and providing technical solutions focused on consulting, design, EdTech and Infrastructure
- Strong leadership skills, you will have managed varied teams previously, with a citable background of leading & growing diverse technical teams
- Proven experience not only building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business but also with key internal customers
- Impeccable communication skills with the gravitas to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Must be resilient and credible with ‘executive presence’
- High standards and thoroughness
· Background in a business backed by private equity or VC
· Experience supporting customers in the Education sector
- The successful candidate will be rewarded with a negotiable basic salary and excellent company benefits and the freedom to work fully remotely both during and after Covid. Although, some UK travel will be required.
- Please apply providing both your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. Don’t worry if your CV is not up to speed as we can deal with that later
- The Flywheel IT Service Group consists of Electro-Comm Digital, TekNet Solutions Limited, Nexus Associates (ICT) and now Colwyn Technologies with more acquisitions in the pipeline.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process