Transaction Monitoring Team Lead, UK
Transaction Monitoring Team Lead
Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers “access to global financial services” with 5 lines of code.
The company was founded by serial finTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award-winning companies like Evolution and Currency Cloud.
Since starting in 2016 in London the company has expanded across Europe, launched in Singapore and is currently extending capabilities in SE Asia, USA and Australia.
The success of Railsbank has been purely down to the high-performance team who have an unwavering believe in a set of core values that unite us. Through building a team on core values means that we are also a diverse and inclusive team.
The team’s performance has been recognised through both customer successes and Railsbank winning many awards including being in the FinTech50 (Europe’s top 50 FinTech companies) for two years in a row.
We are now scaling the company across Europe and SE Asia and looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank.
Building on the high growth and success that Railsbank has experienced, we have exciting plans for further global expansion.
You will lead our transaction Monitoring team, helping to protect us and our customers from financial crime.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Lead the Global Transaction Monitoring team
- Drive enhancements in Transaction Monitoring processes that adapt to regulatory changes or emerging industry best practices
- Support Transaction Monitoring Operations related to controlling risk
- Responsible for reviewing alerts in our transaction monitoring system
- Escalating suspicious activity to the investigation team
- Making recommendations to the business to adapt the compliance program and transaction monitoring system to counter new threats
- Identifying and proactively managing current and emerging financial crime risks
- Liaising with the Railsbank Customer Success team and the Financial Crime teams of our Customers to investigate suspicious transactions and trends
- Screening Business Customers and End-users for PEP, Sanctions and Adverse Media.
- Reviewing and assessing quality and accuracy of KYC information collected for business customers, including complex, multi-layered corporate customers
- Conducting negative news searches and analysing/documenting associated AML/CFT risks.
- Assisting with ad-hoc project work where required
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience with a financial services institution in a financial crime or compliance team lead role
- You are a quick learner who enjoys challenging work
- Fluency in more than one language is preferable
- You are a team-oriented person
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to talk easily to people at all levels of your organization
Role location and hours
This is a full time role, however, like many companies, Railsbank’s people are working at home due to Covid-19, but even when the pandemic passes, we will not return en-masse to offices, as we found this way of working to be highly productive and effective.
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us.
The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, diversity, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusive, friendship, noble cause, and respect.
Equal Opportunities Employer: Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.