UX Designer - Securities Services Trading Technology, Vice President, London
Operating in a similar way to an internal agency, we'll take on a good variety of business-critical problem where design is a necessary part of the solution. In the design system group, our role is to drive an agenda of innovation by helping identify and evolve the best ideas and then partnering up with our skilled team of engineers, programme managers and designers to figure out the best path to success.
The User Experience Designer (UX) role is an integral part of the team. Within the Securities Service team the role is directly aligned to and working alongside Application developers, traders and relationship managers. UX'ers are co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel design system. Our user experience designers develop the design effort for our design system which produces components and patterns for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends. Other responsibilities of UX'ers include the following:
Create and evolve the design language for the products we work on while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of product and design standards
Help establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders
- Collaborate with our cross disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfil on the promise of the design system
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of interaction behaviour and accessibility specs) to guide the process of design and development
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Actively support efforts to codify preferred and industry-appropriate design standards
Above all, candidates should be excited and motivated to create next-generation user interfaces applying expertise within the fields of Information Design, Interaction Design, and Data Visualization to develop compelling designs for our products and services.
Candidates should also have the following qualifications and experiences:
Be a trained user experience and interaction designer who balances expertise in 'craft' with an academic interest in the relevant fields of Design (theories of visual perception and cognition, among other things)
- Leverages research skills, and awareness of the user and business goals, to imagine, illustrate, and help realize compelling functional interfaces
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- A team player with a positive attitude. You enjoy collaborating with others to achieve design goals. Comfortable taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions.
- Can skilfully represent the user experience design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
- Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
- Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with our business and technology partners
- Comfortable employing skills across all stages of the design and development process including conception, design, standardization, specification, and enforcement
- Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
- Be an exceptional multi-tasker who's quick and organized
- You stay up to date on the latest design trends and applications
Candidates must have:
- This role is specifically focused on the Securities Lending (Equity/FI Financing), Custody and Collateral businesses. Candidates will be expected to have a good working business knowledge in this area (or very similar) in order to lead design sessions with a range of business users and to have a basic understanding of principles in this industry.
- A proven track record creating design languages for interaction complex applications, sites, mobile et. al.
- A strong portfolio of work we can access, emphasizing depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive products/sites, and where possible data visualization. Please include a link on your CV if possible. Please note we cannot access shared drives.
- Extensive experience working in a professional capacity as a user experience designer on highly interactive and data rich applications
Bachelor's Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design is a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.