Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join an exciting Waste Services team to make a positive contribution to the residents’ environment.
If you are looking for your next career move to a management level role, the Waste Services Supervisor is a role where you will supervise the day to day delivery of street cleansing and waste services to residents and businesses across the borough. You will ensure agreed team plans and performance targets are delivered and that a culture of putting our residents first and continuous service improvement are maintained.
You will report to the Waste Manager. As well as managing the day to day performance and attendance of the street cleansing and waste crews reporting to you, you will also work closely with other teams within the Waste Service.
We are looking for individuals who are keen to step onto the management career ladder, who can motivate and develop a large team of staff serving the borough.
You will have previous supervision experience gained ideally in street cleansing/waste services or customer focused resident facing services.
You will have experience of working closely with the public and a variety of stakeholders and teams across an organisation and have the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships.
You must be confident in the use of Word, Excel and the use of other software packages.
You will use your ability to communicate and influence others to ensure service delivery standards are maintained.
You will need to be flexible with your start and finish times of work in line with the needs of the service.
You must have a driving licence and use of your own vehicle.
If you are keen to step up and be part of the management team or are already an experienced supervisor looking for a different challenge, we are keen to receive your application!
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.