We are currently looking for a professional, qualified Plant technician / Plant Mechanic / Plant Fitter to join our workshop fitter team. You will need to have a recognised qualification in Plant Maintenance or small tools at NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent, (Experience in the industry will be considered if no qualifications are held) A CSCS card will be an advantage as this would be required when accessing sites for repair. Driving licence is a requirement due to location and nature of job spec . All applicants must have proof of right to work in the UK.
- As our Plant Fitter you will help with the general maintenance, planned and reactive repairs of fixed and mobile plant and tools
- Routine maintenance of small tools
- Repairs as necessary to ensure equipment is fit for purpose
- Travelling to and supporting other sites with maintenance in the event of breakdowns and or planned maintenance shutdowns
- Keeping the depot/warehouse in a safe worthy condition, in order to work safely, optimise plant availability and efficiency within operational budgets.
- Ensuring plant is inspected prior to delivery and on return
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems efficiently
- Adhere to all safety related documentation (safe systems of work, visual task sheets & risk assessments/permits to work etc.) for all maintenance activities.
- Maintain records of works completed
- Strong proactive communication with direct team, depot staff and Hire desk.
- Support damage team with root cause problem solving exercises.
- Delivery of continuous improvement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place