This is a unique opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join one of the UK’s fastest-growing FinTech businesses. We’re looking for someone with plenty of experience building TDD, clean, maintainable code who is comfortable working across the full platform stack of PHP Symfony, GoLang, Docker, AWS, ReactJs as required.
VouchedFor is the UK’s largest rating and review site for financial and legal advisers. But there’s more to do…we are on a mission to give everyone access to the best possible advice for them. It’s an ambitious and important goal that requires standout products that are engaging, scalable and honest.
We will soon be launching a fun, easy-to-use financial planning tool called Hatch. It will help people from all walks of life get their finances on track and achieve their big life goals. You will help us make it truly great!
About the team
All the VouchedFor teams are small, empowered and autonomous. Our development teams consists of up to 4 developers and a product owner, and we’ll often involve a specialist from other teams where needed to get the mission done.
The current stack consists of several LAMP APIs developed in PHP Symfony and some GoLang micro-services supporting multiple ReactJs front-ends. We use continuous integration technology for build and deployment, and ship at least once a day.
We use ReactJs for all our frontends, with a PHP backend, and GoLang micro-services where speed is essential. Our Docker/AWS infrastructure makes it easier than ever to build new applications and deploy them rapidly.
- You are proud of the code you produce; it’s obvious, concise and rarely needs to be commented. You always like to leave the code better than you found it, and are experienced with refactoring techniques, in fact it’s how you code every day.
- You see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments.
- You have solid skills in writing efficient SQL queries.
- You love shipping code and seeing how it performs in production and therefore are passionate about delivery pipelines, A/B testing, real-time analytics and monitoring tools.
- You work well with other developers, and are able to help and mentor them.
- You are driven, ambitious and eager to help grow the business.
Bonus Points for
- Working in cross-functional teams practising Kanban techniques including pair programming.
- Experience with building deployment pipelines and continuous delivery on cloud platforms (we use AWS and Docker).
Working at VouchedFor
VouchedFor has a remarkably strong proposition in a marketplace with limitless opportunity, and this role is an unprecedented opportunity to be part of our exciting journey! We are in the rare position of being a profitable, well-funded business but with a start-up culture. This gives us options whilst keeping us agile and ensuring that everybody's contribution matters and is celebrated. We do set ourselves ambitious goals and are proud of our ability to deliver those through smart working.
At the moment we are working fully remotely but will be working from the office two days per work in the short term future. Based in Teddington, South West London, our offices are close to the City whilst offering a welcome alternative to fighting the crowds on your daily commute. Establishing a great culture has always been very much at the forefront of our mindset - in addition to competitive salary and pension, we offer an awesome office environment populated by an exceptionally bright team, where social events are a regular occurrence.