Senior Solution Designer
Job Title: Senior Solution Designer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Workflow Design Studio reimagines experiences to drive innovation. We help our customers understand how to drive value for their users and the business through the power of the Now Platform and think differently about how they solve problems for their people. We are a pre-sales, consulting team who apply human centred design principles and co-creation with clients to produce prototypes that solve the right problems in the best way, in order to give our clients confidence and clarity to go all in on solving those problems with ServiceNow.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are a disruptive team that is highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and expect each other to always be challenging ourselves to be better. Oh, and we also have a lot of fun.
The passionate individual we are looking for will facilitate workshops and guide the user experience and visual design on our customer engagements. This can mean anything from translating customer pain points and ideas directly into design concepts, to larger design led problem solving engagements where co-creation of solutions with clients is at the very core of what we believe and do.
Examples of some of the solutions we’ve built can be seen on snexperiences.com
What you get to do in this role:
- Work collaboratively with a team of super talented designers, developers and solution architects
- Facilitate design thinking workshops with clients and lead client engagements
- Create future state UI/UX designs and flows that re-imagine workplace experiences, collaboration, and productivity
- Transform future state storyboards co-created with clients and enhance, refine through validation into low and high-fidelity designs
- Synthesize, create, publish and share engagement stories and artefacts to share with the wider community
- Contribute improvements to our human-centred design methods and processes
- Share your learnings to uplift the skills of those around you
- Collaborate on user stories to define prototype development tasks
- Share customer engagement learnings with the core product teams
- Travel up to 40% of the year to on-site customer engagements
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A strong passion for collaborating with a cross-functional team to solve complex business problems
- A university/college degree (or proven experience) in the fields of graphic design, new media, interaction design, HCI design, media design, or related disciplines
- At least 5 years successfully applying human-centred design on products
- Understanding of key principles, methods and processes like design sprints preferred
- User research and usability evaluation techniques
- Experience in conceptualization, design strategy (UX), prototyping, and crafting visual UI screens
- Total comfort and ease in a customer-facing role
- Mobile, web application, and responsive web design experience across platforms
- Command of design basics: readability, iconography, color, and spatial relationships
- Fluidity in Sketch, inVision, alternatively Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and other creation tools
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- An endless supply of passion and curiosity
- Nice to have:
- Experience working with online collaboration platforms like Miro, Mural
- Experience using HTML and CSS to customize user interfaces
- Experience working with enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce, PeopleSoft)
- Experience creating custom themes and templates using popular CMS platforms like Wordpress, Django, or Joomla
What we will need to see before or during your interview:
- An inspiring portfolio of web-based and mobile digital application experiences
- Demonstration of any publicly available projects you have built
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with a strong aptitude and a positive attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented individuals in the business