Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Manage low-medium sized projects (including timeline and budget), planning, execution, testing and completion.
- Support with the execution of project deliverables.
- Review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and follow up as appropriate and become hands on to ensure achievement of goals.
- Reporting on activities and expenditure within agreed parameters.
- Keeping key stakeholders informed of status and TAT and escalating issues where deadlines may be compromised.
- Advise General Manager of any substantial deviations from the original scope, or any other risk to the successful completion of the project.
- Ensure that project scoping documents are followed and updated with all changes.
- Expedite actions from third parties.
- Contacting business partners/suppliers to arrange local agreements and contracts.
- Schedules, coordinates and participates in conference calls and meetings as needed.
- Support with the development and distribution of Eurofins UK branded packs for consumers.
- Adherence to contract and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being achieved and act according to Eurofins values.
- Continuous improvement – identification of opportunities for improvement of quality and service, formulation and implementation of action plans for continuous improvement.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to, drawing on expertise from internal teams.
- Excellent communication skills and being able to assimilate large volumes of diverse information and requests to determine the best course of action.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills, client service focus and performance orientation.
- Excellent understanding of good project management practices.
- Understanding of the importance of robust quality assurance processes.
- Ability to influence others and drive results through collaboration and seeking input and guidance from others where appropriate.
- Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships.
- Organised and able to manage competing priorities, working at pace and delivering on time.
- Keeps an eye on the bigger picture and spots opportunities for improving outcomes.
- Collaborative and keen to pitch in with a positive, can-do attitude and high work ethic – eager to learn.
- Resilient in the face of changing environments.
- Flexible and adaptable – adjusts quickly to changing priorities or circumstances, drawing on experience but also willing to try new approaches.
- Collaborative – works effectively within groups and encourages contributions and commitments from others.
- Solutions focused – can identify problems and suggest appropriate solutions to deliver results.
- Decisive – courage and self-confidence to make timely and logical decisions.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Academic education with good grades is required.
- Knowledge of best practices in project management, lean and 6 Sigma is advantageous but not essential.
- Industry experience not required – just a desire to contribute and succeed.
Location: Homebased with regular travel so own car essential
Contract: Fixed term contract until 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have at least three years’ continuous residency in the UK preceding an application. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, successful applicants will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment.