Associate Director - Field Access
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Our healthcare landscape in the UK is changing – The introduction of Integrated Care Systems (ICS’s) will result in devolution of power, budgets and responsibility for health and social care to a local system level. This role is part of the Market Access Team, to address these changing needs of our customers, enabling us to holistically interact with regional policy makers and payers across the NHS in the UK.
The Associate Director – Field Access role is critical to ensuring the success of this team and the impact the team has externally with key regional stakeholders, internally with BMS colleagues and ultimately delivering benefit to patients through enabling broad appropriate access to our current prioritized portfolio and for the future, our pipeline products, through targeted market access and health policy initiatives.
The overarching areas of accountability within the scope of this role include the following:
- Responsible for leadership, management, direction and successful operation of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s market access business across the UK&I
- To promote BMS as a valued system partner of NHS England (including other agencies and organizations aligned to the NHS) and to develop and influence regional and national health policy initiatives
- Lead role in shaping the BMS approach to innovation, digital engagement and capability development and also, creating pilot schemes to prove these concepts
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating strategic opportunities to enhance the value and competitive position of BMS at the product, portfolio and country level now and in the future
- Fostering exemplary key account management through aligned leadership with field management functions
Essential Function Responsibilities
- Work closely with priority brands to ensure that the access component of the brand plans are fit for purpose and aligned to the overall market access strategy
- Develop & lead Value & Access teams for future indications with MA 18 months prior to launch and post launch as the need dictates
- Utilise the Market Access function through strong collaboration and alignment across all teams. Leverage expertise to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitor current trends and map future trends in pricing and access to enable BMS to shape the environment and develop internal capabilities to maximise success of BMS pipeline
- Provide and coordinate strategic and tactical NHS/Healthcare insight to the BMS Sales and Marketing functions ensuring that barriers/challenges to BMS’s markets and business opportunities are identified and appropriately managed through robust implementation plans, ensuring full compliance with ABPI Code and BMS ethical code and behaviours
- Develop and maintain trust based relationships with senior leaders within the NHS and act as BMS’s account manager for senior leaders within the NHS
- Accountability for cross portfolio brand revenue with a particular focus on priority growth drivers
- Lead the Field team to ensure payers and related stakeholders specific needs and priorities are understood
- Prioritise team activities in line with BMS business priorities and deliver a customer-led approach to align NHS objectives with those of BMS
- Deliver and implement a prioritized National Market Access Plan (field related), containing robust objectives, KPIs and measures of success. Communicate a monthly progress report to relevant internal stakeholders
- Accountability for national stakeholder map and execution of the stakeholder plan in line with the brand strategy and the national market access priorities.
- Contribution to relevant national or regional market access strategies or specific projects as required
- Sustainability of the team; specifically recruitment, attracting and developing talent, performance management and ensuring an appropriate training platform is developed and continuously reviewed for this team
- Manage and optimise resource allocation, in line with strategic direction and team activities
- Work closely with BMS field team leaders to continuously clarify and communicate the objectives and goals for the team, including key stakeholder engagement plans
- Cross functional working across the full matrix team at both the UK and WW level will be essential in addition to a strong external focus
- The ability to balance and assess multiple inputs in analysis and decision making is required
- Responsible for liaising with WW/Global colleagues and external stakeholders in order to benefit from their expertise, gain insights and to ensure alignment across functions
- Builds strong relationships with organisation and industry peers to strengthen BMS image, competitive position and performance
- Reports to Head of NHS Strategy
- Perform all of the above duties in an ethical and legally compliant manner, adhering to the BMS Principles of Integrity, BMS policies and procedures applicable to the role and relevant local legislation and industry codes of practices
- Contribute to the effective operation of the company’s quality management system and maintain the highest standards of quality
- Alert your line manager or Compliance & Ethics Lead to possible compliance issues
- Report any adverse events or product quality complaints immediately to Medical Information in accordance with the relevant BMS complaint reporting procedures
- Ability to communicate well researched recommendations and influence senior stakeholders
- Proven track record of strong market access performance
- Demonstrated experience in a matrixed team working with peers and superiors
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex situations and being able to make difficult decisions
- Ability to think strategically
- Patient-centric and service oriented mindset
- Strong enthusiasm with a drive to succeed and the ability to work independently
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver results.
- Business acumen and budgeting skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Leverages external network to ensure BMS adopts and adapts best practice and shares best practice across the BMS portfolio
- Demonstrate successful people leadership and development and team management
- Demonstrate outstanding networking and communication skills with senior internal and external stakeholders
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. If you require reasonable adjustments in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your enquiries to [email protected] Applicants can request an approval of an adjustment prior to accepting a job offer.