Business Development Manager
Look Ahead Housing and Care Westminster a month ago
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£45,000 per annum
We offer 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Full Time, Permanent
Business Development Manager
Recruiting a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development Team in Westminster!
£45,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Look Ahead supports thousands of people across London and the South East with a diverse range of needs, helping them to make individual choices, achieve goals and take control of their own lives by providing tailor-made support, care and accommodation services. To support this we are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within a small Business Development tender team in the development of high-quality, bid-winning responses that are delivered on time to challenging deadlines.
This postholder will play a vital role as Look Ahead seeks to maintain and gain further presence on Frameworks and to win block and other service contracts aligned to its Business Development Strategy.
The postholder will be expected to work closely with other members of the tender team and wider Business Development Directorate, operational colleagues and central service teams to support delivery of annual growth targets circa £4M.
As part of the application process please upload your supporting statement within your CV. Please answer the following two questions in your supporting statement:
- What skills, knowledge and experience you would bring to this post
- What specifically interests you about this Business Development Manager post
- Leads and writes tender responses and acts as a named lead for specific Operational Business patches and client groups across (one of) learning disabilities, mental health, homelessness, young people
- Able to undertake service and financial modelling including presenting proposed models and contract prices at internal risk panels to gain Senior Leadership approval
- Leads on Business Intelligence in their specialist area by keeping abreast of commissioning intentions and entry feasibility studies for new commercial models
- Contributes to specification development either through market testing events, or via direct discussion
- Works closely with operations managers and Directors to assess the financial viability of the proposed service, and to develop a new service model in response to the ITT, building in innovation and enhancing client specific value propositions
- Contributes to reviews of bid procedures/lessons learned exercises and implements any revised bid procedures and processes as needed
- Responsible for ensuring business risks are mitigated and/or escalated appropriately through Look Ahead’s governance channels
- Contributes to and supports tender exercises coordinated by other members of the business development team
- Analyses and puts forward business cases and options for different ways of delivering services to meet commissioner needs
- Proactively sources business development opportunities and developing creative ideas and service models alongside operational managers and customers
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- A genuine interest in housing and social care and a commitment to Look Ahead’s mission
- Imaginative and resourceful – able to contribute to the development of new ideas for services
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with internal and external contacts
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Has a practical and logical mind
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, particularly in terms of working under pressure and responding to multiple and competing demands on your time
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Enjoys working with a wide range of people
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with numbers and complex calculations
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Extensive business development experience
- Able to write clearly and persuasively, Able to think strategically and creatively and articulate innovative ideas
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, word, excel, powerpoint
- Able to work flexibly, including assisting other staff in the Business Development Team with their work when priorities dictate
- A qualification in social care/psychology/policy would be an advantage
- Specific knowledge of mental health, learning disabilities, homelessness, young people and complex needs would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to be able to complete complex financial breakdowns would be an advantage
Interviews are taking place 14th May 2021.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
Look Ahead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.