Workplace Health and Safety Coordinator - Military / Veterans - Weybridge
Amazon Business EU SARL (UK) Weybridge a month ago
- NVQ Level 3 or NEBOSH National General Certificate; either you’ve already achieved one of these qualifications, or you are working towards this goal
- You possess a meticulous level of sustained attention-to-detail You have a proven ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, while closely adhering to new processes and procedures
- You’re able to work independently, at times under minimum levels of supervision
- You’re flexible and adaptable; able to meet the needs of the business head on
- Great team player: you contribute to a positive and healthy team environment
- You bring plenty of drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with you each day
- Solid computer literacy and skills You’re a great communicator, both verbally and in writing.
We are currently looking to hire an WHS co-ordinators to join the team and play a critical role in supporting the WHS function for our Sortation Centre (SC). The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about safety and able to drive strategy to build an engaging, safe, environment. They will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in safety whilst engaging operational and other support function stakeholders.
- Undertake risk assessments as required, while proactively following up on control measures until complete
- Complete daily metrics and callouts
- Take a Deep Dive into data, as you monitor recordable incidents on-site - Leveraging your Auditor-level knowledge of Amazon’s procedures and legal requirements, you’ll advise associates and managers accordingly
- Become a subject matter expert in your specific level of competence, while staying vigilant and not disclosing any sensitive information outside of your particular level
- Consistently monitor the site, keeping an eye on compliance with Amazon’s safety procedures Investigate accidents, near misses and any incidents, as you establish root cause Update internal records regarding incidents, near misses and accidents
- Undertake action plans to ensure continuing, sustained compliance with legislation
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times: you maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations
- Flexibility: you’re willing and able to cover non-traditional shifts–including nights and weekends–during peak periods.
- You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies
- Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.